- 0 comments
Good morning, tea hotties! I hope that you are all having a good week and are getting everything you want to and need to accomplished. My question for you this morning is, "How the heck are you all staying cool in these increasing temperatures?!". It is so hot and humid here, and when I check weather.com there is no end in sight . Also, I don't know about you, but when I am hot, I am irritable and not such a pleasure to be around (my poor boyfriend). To remedy this situation and restore me to being the typical calm, cool, and collected angel that I am, I have been indulging in a new found love of mine that I want to share with you all; tea granita!
- 2 heaping tablespoons of your tea of choice
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Any other additions or extras that you want to add! (Think frozen berries, different juices, honey, or anything else that your hot heart desires!)
- Steep your tea in room temperature water for an hour or two (we recommend using our Mist tea pitcher and steeping overnight).
- Strain into a saucepan (plot twist.. you don't need a strainer when you're using the Mist pitcher! Score!) and add in the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve.
- In a blender, add your berries, frozen fruits, juices, candies, or anything else you have chosen, along with your tea mixture.
- Puree until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into a loaf tin and let it set in the freezer for 3-4 hours, scraping with a fork every now and then to make sure it freezes evenly. Scoop and serve.
**Bonus: For iced tea pops, pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze. **
Now that you know just how easy it is to make this delicious delicacy, let's talk about some ideas for which teas to start with and some recommendations we have for what to add into your tea granita!