Happy Earth Day
At Good Life Tea, like everyone else, we care about mother earth.
Here are some of the things we have done.
- All our lighting is LED - Saves tons of electricity. Added benefit - The old light bulbs were hot and in the summer our A/C does not have to work as hard - saving on peak electricity - the most polluting kind.
- Our suppliers pitch in too. Our Canadian supplier generates most all their electricity through solar panels. Another gives 1% to to organizations to protect our earth.
- We stock organic teas. Organic teas are more environmentally friendly and they taste great too.
- Recycling. We try to reuse as many boxes that come through our door as we can. You may have noticed this if we shipped something to you. The ones that we can't reuse, we recycle.
- Tin refills. Bring your tin in to our shop and we will gladly refill it with our delicious teas. You get a 5% discount and we save 15 cents in packaging, but we all win because it's one less thing going into a landfill. Also keeping your tea in Tins, preserves the flavor longer
- Our Tea Brew Bags. We sell DIY tea bags for those tea sessions where an infuser is not practicle. Our DIY Tea Brew Bags ar 100% Biodegradeable and 100% non-bleached paper. Some tea bags use plastic/paper blend. Not ours. The trees harvested to make our Tea Brew Bags are replaced at a 2 to 1 ratio. Every tree cut gets 2 replacements.
- Re-usable Infusers. Making loose tea with our infusers is eco-friendly. The alternative brewing methods like K-Cups, Tea Bags and the newer style Pyramids are not eco-friendly at all because they are made of plastic or Nylon. These pertoleum based products contribute to a larger carbon footprint when creating and transporting them.
- You help too. By drinking loose teas, you avoid
- K Cups for tea So much plastic and where does it go? Is heated plastic safe to drink?
- Pyramid Tea Sachets. A huge "improvement" in teabags is the pyramid tea bag or sachet. These larger size tea bags are usually filled with better tea. BUT the bags are not environmentally friendly at all. They are sometimes called "silken" to disguise their true nature - non biodegradable plastic or nylon.
- Paper cups. Think about all the drink containers you don't use because you infuse tea in your favorite tea cup
Thanks for drinking loose leaf tea. You are helping keep our planet green by creating less waste and keeping your carbon foot print small.
Drop me an email comment. I will respond personally to each one. I feel strongly about this issue. Happy Earth Day